Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Filo pastry apple strudel (can be vegan too) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filo pastry apple strudel (can be vegan too) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Learn How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
In general, people have been taught to believe that "comfort" foods are bad for the body and need to be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it's good for you to eat them. Several foods honestly do improve your mood when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Green tea is wonderful for moods. You knew it had to be in here somewhere, right? Green tea is rich in an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This will improve your brain's focus while at the same loosening up the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not hard to be healthy when you drink green tea. Now you know it can help you be happier too!
As you can see, you don't have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you so you can feel better! Try a couple of of these tips instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to filo pastry apple strudel (can be vegan too) recipe. To cook filo pastry apple strudel (can be vegan too) you need 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Filo pastry apple strudel (can be vegan too):
- Get 3 of cooking apples.
- You need 1.5-2 cups of brown sugar.
- Provide 1 handful of pine nuts.
- Use 1 cup of raisin.
- Take 1/2 of lemon juice.
- You need 3/4 tablespoon of butter (melted) - you can make it vegan by using oil instead.
- You need of Optional 1 cup almonds or nuts.
Instructions to make Filo pastry apple strudel (can be vegan too):
- Turn on the oven on 200. Put the raisin to soften in hot water. Peal the apples and cut them in little chunks.
- Add the pine nuts and sugar to the apples and stir well. Drain the raisin and add them too.
- In my filo pastry box there were 7 sheets although the number varies based on brands. I recommend to keep each strudel to no more than 4 sheets, so in this case I made one with 4 and one with 3 sheets. Layer one sheet on flat surface and with a brush coat the sheet lightly with butter. It doesn’t need to be soaking it just helps in making it crispy and tasty. Add another sheet and add the butter again.
- When you have you 3 or 4 sheets add half of the apple mix into the middle of the pastry. Close the shorter edges first and then the longer sides. I purposely don’t close the sheet as the apples can create too much water whilst cooking sometimes..
- Repeat the same process with the second stride starting by alternating the pastry sheets and then adding the apple mix. When both are done use the remaining butter and brush it on top of both strudels to make it golden but also to help keeping the edges together..
- Put the strudels in the oven and cook for 30 minutes at 180 degrees and another 15 min at 140 degrees. Serve hot with a sprinkle of icing sugar and with vanilla ice cream 😋.
If you find this Filo pastry apple strudel (can be vegan too) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.